I wouldn't say this wishlist is special by any stretch of the imagination, but as someone who uses an iPhone and iPad, but not a Mac, there are a lot of things I would like to see in iOS 15, and most of them to do with the iPad.
- Please give us better multitasking. Maybe docked windows, maybe the ability to background apps without having them close on me, maybe multiple vertical windows, but whatever it is, my iPad shouldn't have equal multitasking to an iPhone. It's more powerful, it has more screen space, it's meant for doing.
- Widgets anywhere on the homescreen. How did iPhones get this and not iPads?
- Ability to hide apps from the homescreen. Just like above, how did iPhones get this and not iPads?
- Xcode on iPad. Maybe a bit of a strange request, but I want some kind of code editor that would allow me to compile iOS apps on my iPad. That would be cool.
- Ability to disable the checkbox notification when running a shortcut. I have tons of them on my homescreen, and the notification often causes bugs, as it is hanging on the homescreen and I can't run another shortcut. Why was this originally in iOS 14 and then removed?
- Ability to hook directly to mouse movements kind of like the DirectInput API for Windows. This would be immensely useful for applications like VNC where we're trying to remotely control a computer.
- A dedicated calculator app. Needing to reinvent it is a poor excuse if you ask me.
- More icons on the homescreen, and more places to put them. And transparent widgets. I need my homescreen enhancements.